<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://yellowsuitcasestudios.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Yellow Suitcase Studio: Inspiration

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Inspiration

Cornwell's Improved Self-Fitting Chart For Cutting Dresses 1876


This gem. My goodness.

It belonged to my husband's grandma. I long that I could have met her and learned from her. With our cooking, sewing and love for the same people, I bet we would have gotten along great!

I resurrected it again after going through craft stuff at my parents. Being a designer and a crafter, the detail in this boggles my mind. And that you can make your own custom pattern from it! It's one of those things that makes my heart beat a little faster and ache. And all I can do at that moment is take it all in - the color, the typefaces, the creases, the musty smell, the minute details, the flourishes.

I hope you find some inspiration in these details as well! I hope to someday have it framed somehow on display in my craft room.


What inspires you?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home